Welcome to AutoForumz.com!
FAQFAQ    SearchSearch      ProfileProfile    Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in

HELP! Interior light won't go off!!

 
   car problems (Home) -> Chevrolet Trucks Arch1 RSS
Next:  97 5.0  
Author Message
72cutlas

External


Since: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 4



(Msg. 1) Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:40 am
Post subject: HELP! Interior light won't go off!!
Archived from groups: alt>autos>4x4>chevy-trucks, others (more info?)

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I went into my truck, 1999 Chevy Tahoe 2-door, and noticed
that the interior dome light wouldn't go off. At first I thought it
was the light switch, wasn't that. Checked the dome light override
button & the doors. Checked the door pin switches, none looked stuck.
I did however hear that "click" sound from under the dash when the
lights are supposed to go off after a delay, but they still stayed on.
I had to pull the fuse to turn them off. Is there a dome light relay
or something I can check or can someone point me in the right
direction? Thanks.

Tony

 >> Stay informed about: HELP! Interior light won't go off!! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Doc11

External


Since: Jan 01, 2004
Posts: 879



(Msg. 2) Posted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:10 pm
Post subject: Re: HELP! Interior light won't go off!! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

"tonycougar" wrote in message

 > Hi everyone,
 >
 > Yesterday I went into my truck, 1999 Chevy Tahoe 2-door, and noticed
 > that the interior dome light wouldn't go off. At first I thought it
 > was the light switch, wasn't that. Checked the dome light override
 > button & the doors. Checked the door pin switches, none looked stuck.
 > I did however hear that "click" sound from under the dash when the
 > lights are supposed to go off after a delay, but they still stayed on.
 > I had to pull the fuse to turn them off. Is there a dome light relay
 > or something I can check or can someone point me in the right
 > direction? Thanks.
 >
 > Tony

Did you check all of the door switches, including the one for the rear
hatch?

Doc

 >> Stay informed about: HELP! Interior light won't go off!! 
Back to top
Login to vote
angie7002

External


Since: Nov 12, 2004
Posts: 1



(Msg. 3) Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:46 am
Post subject: Re: HELP! Interior light won't go off!! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: alt>autos>4x4>chevy-trucks (more info?)

does the vehicle have map lights near the rearview mirror?
I sell chevy's and had van with th same problem....which wasn't
really a problem, but for some reason the map light was in the on
position and the dome light wouldn't go off until the map light was
turned off......
May not be the answer, but worth checking anyway
 >> Stay informed about: HELP! Interior light won't go off!! 
Back to top
Login to vote
72cutlas

External


Since: Nov 11, 2004
Posts: 4



(Msg. 4) Posted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:40 am
Post subject: Re: HELP! Interior light won't go off!! [Login to view extended thread Info.]
Archived from groups: per prev. post (more info?)

On Fri, 12 Nov 2004 18:46:15 -0600, angie7002.TakeThisOut@webtv.net (angie
russell) wrote:

 >does the vehicle have map lights near the rearview mirror?
 > I sell chevy's and had van with th same problem....which wasn't
 >really a problem, but for some reason the map light was in the on
 >position and the dome light wouldn't go off until the map light was
 >turned off......
 >May not be the answer, but worth checking anyway


Will try everyone's suggestions this weekend. Will let you know how it
turs out.

Tony
 >> Stay informed about: HELP! Interior light won't go off!! 
Back to top
Login to vote
Display posts from previous:   
Related Topics:
4x4 Service Light - I have a 1999 Blazer 4x4 with the AutoTrac feature. I turn that on and when the rear wheels slip it does work properly by going into 4-HI, but it won't go out of 4-HI and I get a 'Service 4wd' light. When I push the 2wd button I can hear a relay clicking...

4x4 Service Light - I have a 1999 Blazer 4x4 with the AutoTrac feature. I turn that on and when the rear wheels slip it does work properly by going into 4-HI, but it won't go out of 4-HI and I get a 'Service 4wd' light. When I push the 2wd button I can hear a relay clicking...

ABS light lit on GMC 1500 Sierra - This morning I went out and started my truck and when I got to the end of the driveway and hit the brake, the ABS (yellow) light came on and stayed on. It's been really cold here the past few nights. We had a snowstorm last night. My truck is a GMC 1500....

abs brake light - My abs light comes on every once in a while. When I turn off the truck and then back on it goes out. I have notice any thing wrong with the brakes. Does anyone know what is causing the light to go on and off? The truck is a 95 s-10. Is there just ab...

04' Light sensor - I did somethin stupid today, I tossed a map up on dash and knocked the light sensor down into dash.. How do I get this back out? Is it accesible from behind radio, or any where else? I'm gona pull out radio tomorro and see if i can get to it. Hope..
   car problems (Home) -> Chevrolet Trucks Arch1 All times are: Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Page 1 of 1

 
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



[ Contact us | Terms of Service/Privacy Policy ]